Getting to School
An Outstanding Education is within Reach
Sacré Cœur is easily accessible by train, tram and bus from all across Melbourne. The school grounds are only a short walk from the closest stops on these popular travel routes:
- Glen Waverley train line – Glen Iris train station: 1km
- Tram 5 from Melbourne University to Malvern via Wattletree Road: 550m
- Tram 6 from Moreland to Glen Iris via High Street: 350m
- Tram 72 from Melbourne University to Camberwell via Malvern Road: 1km
- Bus 612 from Box Hill to Chadstone via Glen Iris station: 1km
- Bus 624 from Oakleigh to Kew via Caulfield station to Central Park: 350m
- Bus 734 from Glen Waverley via High Street to Glen Iris station: 1km
- Private School Bus from Beaumaris via Black Rock, East Brighton and Brighton to Sacré Cœur
Find your Transport Journey
To find out how simple your daughter’s commute is to Sacré Cœur, we have mapped journeys for 70 suburbs. Please enter your suburb below to reveal travel times and a recommended public transport route. If you do not live in one of these suburbs, please visit www.ptv.vic.gov.au to find your daughter’s travel route.
Transport links are listed in order of the morning journey. Travel times are based on the Journey Planner at ptv.vic.gov.au and are indicative. Visit ptv.vic.gov.au for specific information regarding travel from your home.
Bayside Bus Service
Sacré Cœur offers a Bayside bus service from Beaumaris via Black Rock, East Brighton and Brighton. The bus route and pricing is detailed here: 2022 Bus Information.
Applications for bus travel may be obtained from Reception and are included in the Parent Handbook distributed at the Parents’ Information Evenings.
COVID-19 Bayside Bus Guidelines
Driver Bus Lines have outlined guidelines to ensure the safety of the students and driver whilst using this service.
School Drop Off and Pick Up
The school has a long and divided driveway, making transport by car safe and easy. All parents enter from Burke Road and then follow the designated driveway paths for Junior School (red path) and Senior School (blue path). Junior School families then exit via Dorrington Avenue and Senior School families via Burke Road.